Vacancy - Marine Engineer. Issued January 2021
We are currently looking for an experienced Marine Engineer / Plant Fitter to join our team here at Malakoff Limited.
This position will be based working at our workshops in Lerwick and on our slipways in Lerwick and Scalloway.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Fit electric motors, pumps, hydraulic steering, gauges, winches and other mechanical and electrical/hydraulic equipment around the engine room area.
- Monitor and test operations of engines and other equipment so that malfunctions and their causes can be identified prior to delivery.
- Servicing, diagnosing, repairing and maintenance of marine steering systems
- Servicing, diagnosing, repairing and maintenance of marine engines and systems.
- Replacing broken or worn-out engine parts, carrying out rebuilds.
- Repairing faulty hydraulic and steering systems.
- Completing service records, timesheets, repair documents and reports.
- To identify required parts for jobs, and source from stock or order from supplier as required.
- Suitable candidates will display a positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness to get the job done.
- Applicants must be physically fit and able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Marine Engineering Qualification and experience is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in marine engineering, although we will consider candidates with appropriate transferable skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to progress and grow within the company whilst having the autonomy over your own workload and an engaging and rewarding environment to work in.
An excellent wage rate commensurate with experience and occasional overtime will be required.