Vacancy - Industrial Blaster/Paint Sprayer. Issued January 2021
Industrial Blaster / Paint Sprayer
We are currently looking for an experienced industrial shot blaster to join our team here at Malakoff Limited.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Working inside a blast room at our shotblasting and protective coating facility in Lerwick, this role will be working as part of team shot blasting metal parts that meet customer’s specifications.
- Receive work instructions from the Yard Foreman/Manager and work efficiently.
- Spraying machined and fabricated metal components.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Maintaining coatings and shotblasting equipment.
- Ensure documented processes are followed at all times.
- Use & maintain all supplied Personal Protective Equipment in good condition.
- Actively participate in training to learn new production techniques and processes as and when required.
- Informing Management of any problems and/or concerns.
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required within the production environment.
- Suitable candidates will display a positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness to get the job done.
- Applicants must be physically fit and able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to apply industrial coatings to a high standard and with attention to detail is essential.
- Previous forklift truck experience and/or any grit blasting experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Industrial Paint/Coatings Qualification and experience is essential.
- Previous working experience within a Paint Sprayer role.
- Previous working experience of coatings inspection would be advantageous but not essential.
An excellent wage rate commensurate with experience and occasional overtime will be required.