Vacancy - Welder/Fabricator. Issued January 2021
Welder / Fabricator
We are currently looking for an experienced welder / fabricator to join our team here at Malakoff Limited.
The position would be based at our workshops in Lerwick and working at customers sites as required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Carry out fabrication/welding of mild steels, aluminium, and stainless steel.
- Ability to interpret/work from fabrication drawings.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy, and safe working environment.
- Ensure shared fabrication equipment (e.g. large drills) are used, kept tidy and maintained correctly.
- Ensure documented processes are followed at all times.
- Use & maintain all supplied Personal Protective Equipment in good condition.
- Actively participate in training, to learn new production techniques and processes as and when required.
- Informing Management of any problems and/or concerns.
- Suitable candidates will display a positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness to get the job done.
- Applicants must be physically fit and able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience of MMA, MIG and TIG processes although training will be provided.
- Experience of working with different materials would be advantageous i.e. mild steels, aluminium, stainless steels.
- Welding/Fabrication Qualification and experience is essential.
- Previous welding codings would be advantageous but not essential as the successful candidate will have the opportunity to achieve coding within the company.
An excellent wage rate commensurate with experience and occasional overtime will be required.