The twin hulls were be sub-divided into four watertight compartments:
Engine room port and starboard
Forward void port and starboard
Port and starboard fuel tanks were located in the void space.
Access to the engine rooms is via ‘Bowmar’ type flush main deck watertight hatches. Access to the void spaces and fuel tanks is through oiltight bulkhead manholes.
The work scope included:
- Design, Fabricate and build Catamaran
- Prepare and paint all steelwork with marine paint
- Install propulsion system and electric system
- Install deck crane and hydraulic system
- Fit out crew areas and wheelhouse
Propulsion system details:
- The vessel was powered by twin Ford based Mermaid “Mariner” sic cylinder N/A marine diesel engines each with a crankshaft rating of 122BHP @ 2600rpm each coupled to a PRM type 302 gearbox and conventional shaft system.
Each engine and drive unit was supplied to the manufacturer’s standard specification including 12 volt electric’s, wet exhaust and remote controls for speed and gearbox.