Vacancy - Blaster/Paint Sprayer. Issued April 2021
Blaster / Paint Sprayer
Malakoff have a vacancy for an experienced Blaster / Painter. The position will involve the following:
- Blasting of large and small steel structures using a variety of grits (stone grit, garnet, J-blast, etc.).
- Blasting of aluminium structures.
- Other substrate preparation techniques where required (needle gun, bristle blaster, etc).
- Painting (airless spray) of steel and aluminium structures using a variety of marine grade paints.
- Hand painting and stripe coating with similar marine grade paints.
- Application of other marine coatings systems such as resins and deck coatings.
- Working within the company’s procedures to ensure that jobs are completed safely and to a high standard.
Suitable candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- Will display a positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness to get the job done.
- Will have a full driving licence.
- Will be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Will have knowledge and/or experience of industrial health and safety systems.
- Will have experience in blasting and will be able to recognise different blast grades.
- Will have experience in application of paints and coatings including understanding the importance of environments, salt content, DFTs, etc.
- Will be willing to work overtime and unsociable hours when required to ensure job completion.
The position will be based in our Lerwick facilities but travel throughout Shetland will also be required.